Graffiti is eye-catching until you get unwanted graffiti on your wall or any unwanted place. Spray paint can be messy when it’s in an unwanted place. Besides, spray paint can be coated in your skin as well. Thankfully there are many techniques to remove spray paint. All you need to know that if the paint is oil-based or water-based. After acknowledging the spray paint and the techniques, you can easily get rid of spray from any unwanted surface or your skin. So, let’s learn about how to get spray paint off skin. Some of the items that are needed to get spray paint off skin may be available in your home already.
Techniques to get spray paint off skin
While painting you may get an unwanted paint spill of paint on your skin. If not rushed that stain may get stronger to remove. So how to get spray paint off skin. The techniques are easy to do and the items that are needed to remove the paint are highly available. To be specific, the first thing you need to check is if the paint is oil-based or water-based. Because different techniques are required to remove the paint from the skin. Now you will need some things and they are,
- Oil (olive/ coconut)
- Cotton ball
- Cleaning brush
Method One (Oil-based)
If the paint is oil-based then you will need to follow these instructions.
- First, use some oil. It can be coconut oil or olive oil anything that preferable to you. Next, pour some oil into a cotton ball r you can pour it directly into your hand. If the stain is in your hand, then rub gently with the oil until the stain gets off. If the stain is on another place of your body then by the use of your hand rub the area gently. Make sure not to harsh on your body or else it will be irritating later. Ensure to protect your eyes from paint.
- Second, if the cotton ball with oil fails to remove the stain from your hand, use an old washcloth. Add more oil if the previous stain still hasn’t come off. Rub the washcloth on your skin repeatedly if needed.
- Third, now that your skin is really oily and still has the residue of paint. Wash your hand with your soap and warm water to get rid of the residue of paint.
- Finally, clean your mess-up basin because it will have the remaining paint. Rub the area if needed.
Method Two (Water-based)
As earlier mentioned, your spray paint can be water-based also. And the techniques you read above are not applicable for water-based spray paint. In order to remove the water-based paint, you need to follow these instructions.
Also Read: White Room With Black Curtains
- Well, as it is water-based so the oil is not needed here. Firstly, make a solution of dish soap with warm water. Dampen your hand the solution and leave it for few minutes. After few minutes, use a brush to scrub your hand. Make sure to use a soft brush so that later it doesn’t give any irritation or redness to your skin after rubbing. You can use a nail brush or any soft toothbrush.
- Secondly, if you feel irritation on your skin even after rubbing gently. Then you should use a soft washcloth to get spray paint off skin. Gently rub the area where the paint stains have been spotted.
- Lastly, rinse the area where the paint was spotted. Make sure to wipe the skin. If you feel irritation after rubbing, put some ice on the skin it may give you relief.
After knowing how to get spray paint off skin, now let’s get to know how to remove spray paint from any material or clothes.
How to remove spray paint
While painting spray paint can be spotted in your fabric, wood, or even on the wall. So if any of these happens you should know the process to get rid of the spray paint without having any difficulties.
- Fabric & Carpet: The best way to remove the paint from your fabric & carpet is not to delay and immediately get the piece of clothing or carpet to wash. The stains come off easily if the material is wetted. The first step should be to place your cloth or carpet under running water. Running water works for both oil-based and water-based paint. After that, if the spray was oil-based then use an oil-based soap or stain remover. As for water-based paint, you can use a nail polish remover or hair spray. These ingredients will get rid of the stain from spray paint. But if the paint is old and has dried already then scrub the area with a brush first.
- Porous Surface: When the spray paint is on your wall or wooden, the first piece of equipment you will need is the pressure washer. the pressure washer helps to remove the spray paint. Allow your pressure washer to clean the concrete or the wooden that has been spotted. Generally, wooden surfaces required less pressure than concrete surfaces. So, set your pressure on the pressure washer and clean the surface. Slowly move the pressure washer nozzle back and forth along the surface until the paint has been removed.
Removing spray paint from any surface is not easy. Also now you know how to get spray paint off skin. So, you will be able to remove them from your skin and porous areas next time. Be alert of the stain of spray paint while painting. And if you get any unwanted painting that can be also removed by following our techniques.